Here at LSD we ensure our customers transactions are as safe and secure as possible and implement the highest security protocols. Our online payment services options are SagePay or PayPal. SagePay has put together a useful set of tips to ensure you trust the website you are buying from before you buy.
1. Check if the payment pages are secure Before you start entering your card details online, there are a few checks you can do to make sure the page is secure. First of all, make sure that the 'http' within the URL is changed to 'https'. Also look out for a padlock sign next to the URL or on the lower right of your web browser. It should be in a locked state as opposed to unlocked. Double clicking the padlock symbol will show you more detailed security information for the site.
All of the LSD.co.uk is secure, look out for the green padlock in the top left of your browser. Also if you hover over the secure payments icon you will be able to see our SSL certificate that is updated every 12 months.
3. Check the company's level of security compliance Make sure the retailer you are shopping with maintains some level of PCI compliance. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, don’t be afraid to contact the retailer and ask.
Our merchant bank is Lloyds Cardnet and we obtain full PCI compliance every 12 months.
4. Are contact details available? It may sound obvious but make sure there are contact details on the site including a physical address and phone number.
Our contact details can be found here: Contacts
5. Review product reviews Check online for reviews. With social media more popular than ever, if a customer has received bad service, the chances are they will have put it online.
If a product has be reviewed by one of our customers the review will show on that product's page.
6. Use a credit card when possible Debit cards and other types of payments are fully secure but credit cards often offer you more consumer protection. Find out more about such benefits from your card provider.
7. Sign up for 3D Secure authentication If you come across 3D Secure and haven’t registered, make sure you do. 3D Secure provides an additional layer of protection by asking you to enter a password that has been registered with your bank. This way if your card information is obtained illegally, it will help to prevent funds being spent in your name.
When possible our payment portals will insit on using 3D secure protection.
8. Keep your purchase confirmation, keep hold of any confirmation emails that you receive. Always check goods against your card statements. This way you can easily identify charges that you don’t recognise.
9. Reversing a charge If you haven’t received your goods and are unable to contact the company in question, contact your bank for a chargeback.