Easy Joint is a 1 component, air oxygen hardening pavement fixing mortar, ready mixed and packed for immediate use. It is permanently water permeable, resistant to high pressure cleaners and prevents weeds from
sprouting. Ideal for the jointing of natural and concrete stone paving as well as slabs and clinkered surfaces outdoors. The basalt colour tends to be used in black and dark coloured paving joints. Something to make note of when using Jointex or Rompox on a dark patio especially on a hot day we advise on using a lot more water to begin with. This is needed to cool the surface so it doesn't dry out too quickly as this can end up staining the slabs. The slabs we have found this to happen on is the dark slate paving and the dark granite slabs.
Quick Find Code
1 tub covers 10 - 15sqm on a 15.3sqm patio pack of paving slabs, please see spec for indepth measurements
Minimum joint width now 3mm.
JOINTEX EASY JOINT can be used in two different ways:
a) First way ( traditional way )
1. Watering the surface
2. Open the bucket and empty the plastic back onto the surface that is to be joint fixed.
3. Using a hard broom or rubber broom, work the material in deep, firm and compact into the joints.
4. Brush away any remaining mortar residue with asoft broom diagonally to the surface.FINISHED!!!!No further equipment or additives necessary.
b) Second way ……NEW ……NEW ……NEW
1. Watering the surface
2. To achieve a better self-compacting result without avisible shiny surface, the area can be well pre-wetwith water.
3. Open the bucket and pour JOINTEX® EASY Joint onto the surface that is to be joint fixed.
4. Using a hard broom or rubber broom, work thematerial in deep, firm and compact into the joints.
5. After approx. 10 minutes flush the material into the joints with a spray-like jet of water.< So you achieve a better self-compacting result > Sagged joints should be refilled.
6. Brush away any remaining mortar residue withsoft broom diagonally to the surface.FINISHED !!!!
This technique should only be applied tosurfaces with highly water- permeable subsoil.
First technique ( traditional technique)
The surface can be walked on after approximately 6 to 8 hours and is fully load bearing after Approximately 3 days(Calculation: ca. +20° C and ca. 65% humidity )
Second technique new…..new….new…new
The surface needs a much longer hardening time. Approximately 48 hours (Calculation: ca. +20° C and ca. 65% humidity) High temperatures increase, low temperatures decrease hardening times. Clean used working tools with water or with usual cleaner.
Not in hands of children!!
Country of Manufacture
The free delivery over £60 does not include certain items, typically this relates to chinmey pots, large items and heavy manhole covers. Whilst we would like to include delivery due to the weight or fragileness we have to send the products via specialist companies to ensure safe and sucessfull delivery to you.
All delivery methods will require someone to accept the delivery, check it over and sign received in good condition. Please note any damages on the delivery sheet / electronic device, do not use the product and contact us straight away.
Next day, AM/PM or even Saturday deliveries can be arranged at an extra cost. Please add your items to the shopping cart for an instant quote.
Pallet Deliveries (Large Items)
After your order has been dispatched you will be contacted on the phone (within 2 days), by your local pallet delivery company in your area, once they receive the goods from our local depot, to book-in a day that is convenient for you. (this will not occur on Timed, Next Day & Saturday deliveries). The delivery will arive on a lorry with an electric tailift and a hand pump truck.
Parcel Deliveries (Smaller Items)
After your order has been dispatched you will receive your goods within 2-3 days. No telephone book-in will occur.
Remember when handling your goods:
Take care when removing the packaging / banding and also when removing the product out of the crate / pallet as they may have weakened during transit and could be unstable.
Some products are quite heavy and can weigh a lot. Consider this when arranging the delivery, as you may need appropriate lifting equipment, or an extra pair of hands.
To ensure you prepare adequately for pallet deliveries please watch the video below for a comprehensive guide.